SHARING THIS WEEK'S GOSPEL THEME
AT SUNDAY SCHOOL AND AT HOME
Flashlights (one per child)
1. Give each child a flashlight.
2. Turn off all the lights in the room. The room should be in total darkness. If the room has lots of windows, relocate somewhere dark for this activity.
3. Discuss how sin makes us live in the dark. Have the children tell you what they think it means to live in the dark.
4. Have the children take turns confessing something that they are sorry for -- something for which they repent. After each child repents, instruct him or her to turn on his or her flashlight.
5. Once all the flashlights are on, talk about how repenting from our sins helps us come out of the darkness. Talk about what it means to repent: repentance is not just being sorry. Repentance is when we are sorry for what we have done and resolve to change our actions so that we do not sin that...
This Children's Activity, Repentance, is based on Matthew 4:1-11 and relates to First Sunday in Lent. This children's activity on Matthew 4:1-11 is just one of over 800 children's activities at SermonSuite.com. SermonSuite also offers online sermons and professionally published sermons, lectionary sermons, non-lectionary sermons, sermon illustrations, worship resources, preaching resources, sermons on prayer, prayers, Christian drama, lectionary worship, lectionary workbooks and homilies. ...
If you are getting this message, you are either not logged in, your subscription has expired, or you do not have a subscription. If you're interested in subscribing to SermonSuite, click here for either a Free 30-day trial or one of our paid options! If need more information please fill out our contact form or call us at 1-800-537-1030.